The implant is a titanium screw that is embedded in the jawbone and grown up with it and serves as a replacement for the lost or missing tooth root. An excellent solution and, if there are conditions for implantation, implants offer a permanent solution for tooth loss because they are structurally and functionally related to the bone.
What are the dental implants implantation indications?
- Replenishment of one tooth: if you miss one tooth, you can compensate for it by installing one implant and a ceramic dental crown that is placed on it.
- Compensation of more teeth: if you miss more teeth, you can choose implants which will serve as dental bridges.
- Compensation of all lost teeth: if you don’t have any teeth, it is possible to make dental bridges that compensate for all teeth or make comfortable and stable dental prostheses.
The loss of one or more teeth causes first a disorder of chewing function, which significantly affects the other functions of our organism, and also leads to aesthetic problems, creating a number of inconveniences in daily communication. The teeth that hold the jawbone to protect the jawbone cause a slight bones loss. Since the bone is the base of the facial muscles, as it disappears, the muscle mass decreases so that the face takes on the aging characteristics and functional and aesthetic problems arise.
Dental implants only enable stopping the bone loss process.
Conventional methods for the lost teeth recovery such as crowns and bridges or partial and total dentures only temporarily and partially solve the problem. In order to build bridges, it is necessary to include a tooth in front and a tooth behind the empty space as the carriers, which is a large number of cases lead to the sacrifice or grinding completely healthy teeth. On the other hand, these actions solve the chewing function and aesthetics problem, but the bone in the teeth area is still not stimulated by the chewing process so that it continues to resuscitate.
By inserting implants into the lost teeth place, not only the surrounding teeth are safe, but also the chewing forces are transferred to the jaw bone and thus prevent its resorption.
Given that the implants act very similar to natural teeth, according to the modern orthodontics park city standards, they represent the best replacement for lost teeth.
The lost teeth recovering procedure with crown implants and bridges can be divided into several stages:
- A therapy plan which implies a clinical examination and analysis of the X-ray image by an implant surgeon;
- Implant mounting, which implies a surgical procedure after which 3-6 months need to pass to complete the process of osteointegration, i.e., setting of the implant with the surrounding bone
- Imprinting to make crowns and bridges;
- Crowns and bridges setting as the final phase of this process.
Benefits of dental implants compared to dental bridges and prostheses
According to park city dentist, in every possible way, dental implants represent a better solution for the missing teeth replacement.
Aesthetics: a patient’s look and feel with an implant are identical to that of natural teeth. Since the implant is firmly matched with the jawbone, bone loss and gum withdrawal are prevented, which often occur in dental bridges and under the prosthesis. No one will be able to notice that you have an artificial implant in your mouth.
Keeping the rest of the teeth: dental implants do not in any way impair the quality of the remaining teeth that happens when making dental bridges. The more healthy and intact your teeth, the greater the long-term benefit to the health of your mouth.
Comfort and confidence: using dental implants you will be able to talk normally again, eat with comfort and greater confidence. They allow you to say goodbye to the prostheses that pinched you, dropped out and created an unpleasant feeling of a foreign object in your mouth.